Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Eh....I'm so done! Again

Every year I go through this, twice a year. I'm so sick of my hair. For the winter months I wear it straight for the most part and for summer, in braids...of a sort. As we near spring I'm sooooo sick of having hair. I don't know what to do with it, I'm tired of dealing with it and sick of seeing it straight and flat in my mirror. eh.

I recently moved to Cali from out east. The pressing comb is loved out here. And that was a shock considering the pressing comb isn't used anymore where I came from. Who uses a freaking pressing comb since the invention of the flat iron?? Anyone? Anyone? The answer is, EVERYONE IN CALIFORNIA. lol. Even the vocab is different. They say, "Press and curl", I say, "Iron out". Then, they look at me crazy. Being new here, I don't know where to get my braids done either. I don't know if they know how to do what I want. Another thing about the east, the variety of natural hair styles seen out and about is huge. Not in LA. I see dreads and micros, saw kinky twists in a shop window, but I don't wear those. Blah... I guess I'll fly home, get my hair done, come back and have to teach someone to do the retouches.

Oh well, such is life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home