Thursday, April 27, 2006

Man vs. Animal

Yesterday while walking from my car to a friends door, i saw a snail in the street. The snail was actually trying to cross the street. It was late and the streets were kinda damp, so this was prime snail time. He was chugging along, with a sense of determination that I immediately respected. But, he was a snail crossing the street, very slowly. I feared for his safety. Should I help the poor creature? Should I disrupt his natural stride by picking him up and placing him on the side walk? Or leave him alone? I honestly stood in the street for a few seconds and thought about it. It would really suck if I came back out and saw snail parts squashed in tire tread pattern. Then I thought, it's not my place. People often times try to 'help' nature or animals...what do we know? I certainly didn't know where the snail was headed, I just knew what direction he was headed in. People should let nature be, stop getting in its way and if that means letting a cat stay in a tree or letting a birds nest stay where the eggs can get eaten, so be it. Man should mind it's business. I let the snail be, and when I came out of my friends house, he was gone. He finally got to wherever it is he was going.

PS, saw a movie while at friends house. I don't have the strength to talk about it. Lets just say if you ever enter into a ménage trois, draw up an contract. Things can get ugly.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lolol, "should i disrupt his natural stride and place him on the other side of the sidewalk"?!?!? KILLING!! enough said. point, counterpoint. nature vs. slap of concrete. lolol

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home