Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Hollywood/Argyle

Spent about an hour on the corner of Hollywood and Argyle last nigh with Von. Yup, just standing and talking. Something happened that, that really shook me up. A teenage girl called me ma'am. I'm a victim of a walk by ma'am-ing. She said, 'excuse me ma'am'. Wow. I'm a ma'am. **choke** That being said, I really need to stop ogling teenagers.

In the drive-thru bout 3 days ago, a guy/boy, about 19 offered to hop out of the drive-thru window for me, but my car was in the way. I responded by saying, 'i can back up'. Ha! And yesterday, I mentioned the laundromat in a blog post... and an Armenian woman build like a brick house. I imagine I got 8 years on her. Yeah.

I'm 28 years old. This is not new...I've been doing this for years. BUT as the years keep progessing, I soooooooo need to stop. I remember getting attention from older people when I was younger. The guys kinda creeped me out, but the women were usually pretty sweet to me. =op Old guys offering to take me on trips, pay my bills (i never accepted)...the women just making efforts to take care of me.

I think it's a cycle, or at least I'm gonna blame my habit on a vicious cycle. hehehe. As a young person I was subjected to attention from older people, now I do the same. =op... Now that I have recognised the problem I can address it and maybe take steps to fix it. The first step is admitting you have a problem. ;o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home