Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Ready, Set, Roll

On my way into work last week, my coworker text messages me "Don't take the 5, traffic bad." Fantastic. The time is 8:50 a.m. We just implemented new office hours at work which means I have to be there a half hour EARLIER and I'm about to be late. I must note that being late is not the unusual part of this story. The fact that I was going to be on time...AND at earlier working hours...bizarre. Nonetheless, my nifty self knew of 2 other options to get to work. Having just recently decided to get off the HWY in LA as often as possible, I opted to head through Griffith Park. Traffic was mounting as I approached the entrance of the park. As I slowly creeped along the weaving road, I soon see an archway of balloons, some cops, a bright light source...oooh, they must be shooting a film scene or something!! As a new native, I'm still geeked out with the possibility of seeing famous folks. TO MY GREAT DISMAY, as I approached the stop sign, I see that it's the starting hub for a race, A RACE, of senior citizens. The time is 9 a.m. 9 A.M.!! During rush hour traffic on a weekday!? Everybody knows that races start at 6 a.m. No matter whom, what or where, if you're doing a race, you know it starts at 6 a.m. And this being a race of senior citizens, they've already been up since 4 a.m., they are well into their day come 6 a.m.! The time is 9:20 a.m. I'm at the LA Zoo. I could have rolled to work faster than this is moving. Unbelievable. Children, what is the lesson learned here? It doesn't pay to have grandparents who keep fit because it makes the younger, working generation late to work even when they try to be good employees and arrive on time. Plus, medicare doesn't cover all your prescription drugs. Saw it on a sign. -von

2 Comments:

Blogger SW said...

WOW! Events like these are why blogs exist. Hilarious! I can totally picture it. Though the sad thing is that a majority of them can probably outrun me anyday...

And...9am??? When did this happen???

12:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL.. saw it on a sign, as you waiting for traffic to move?? haha

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home