Saturday, July 14, 2007

In The News.....

People are Dumb!!!!!

More specifically, this one guy is dumb. He has to be one of the dumbest people I've ever read about in the news. An attorney in California sued somebody, I don't know who, about the trademarked name, 'Dykes on Bikes'. His reasoning being the name was "disparaging to men" and "scandalous and immoral." The judge ruled the guy didn't have the right to be offended. Because he doesn't. Dumb ass.

O.k., everybody's entitled to their own opinion, but how on earth is the term 'Dyke' disparaging to men???? I have no clue how that conclusion was reached. Baffled!! I personally don't like to use the word 'dyke'. I don't use the word, 'nigga', unless I'm driving home a point. But I respect the notion of minority groups reclaiming ugly words as their own. It takes power away from mean people who use words to hurt.

It's kind of obnoxious that this guy is jacking 'dyke'. When has the word 'dyke' EVER been an offensive term towards men??? Did I miss something??? Did 'dyke' change definitions??? Did I miss the memo?? Maybe that's it. Dyke is no longer slag for lesbian. Dyke's new definition is old, ignorant, balding, bored, pasty, stupid, homophobic, idiot. And with that being true, this lawyer guy should be offended. They are obviously talking about him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home