Monday, May 08, 2006

Who is Dick Gregory?

A while ago, while lounging on my living room couch, I saw an interview with Dick Gregory. I, somewhere in my mind recognized him. I often times mistake recognition with familiarity. He has a familiar voice, and a familiar face. He’s like a grandfather or great uncle you see at church, that always has change in their pockets.

Dick Gregory’s topic of choice was far from church folk banter. He made me shoot up from my seat when he spoke about how Dr. King was really assassinated by the government, and then how the Katrina floods were man made. He has written many books, including one entitled, "Nigger:An Autobiography". He’s Mr. Conspiracy, but the Brits also call him Mr. Incredible. I give you, Dick Gregory.
-mel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home