Tuesday, July 17, 2007

In The News...

Oh...My...God

I just read an article that slaps of white arrogance and money privilege. The longtime chairman Ralph Papitto, of the Roger Williams University board, admitted Monday that he had used the N-word during a board meeting, saying it "kind of slipped out."He apologized, and I guess when asked about it again said, 'I apologized, what else can I do kill myself?' Ha! This old buzzard has balls. He's 80.

Papitto became irate when he discussed pressures to make the board more diverse, at one point using the slur to refer to black candidates. Anywho, he recently stepped down not because of the slur, but because of his age. If the story had ended there, I would have been content, no anger. But it went on.

He later said he had never used the term before. AND THIS FUCKING QUOTE."The first time I heard it was on television and then rap music or something," Papitto said. Now see... this is where I get angry. Why the fuck is he lying??? He is 80 years old, my ass he's never heard the word before!!

And the reason I'm not as upset about him saying 'the n word' is because he was born in 1927. Back before we were colored people. I think we were negros or negras or something like that. I'm guessing he got angry and had a 1950's flashback... I can't get mad at old people who say inappropriate things when they're angry, you see I have grandparents.

More specifically I have a grandfather who says things I close my eyes to and shake my head at, but he's 85. Wha'cha gonna do. He's been saying Oriental and Chinamen all his life, you think I'm gonna get him to say Asian?? Nope. Espeacially when he's mad.

The arrogance and gall it took to say he never used the word before, AND he never even HEARD the word before he saw it on tv or heard it in rap music gets me boiling. He must think everyone but him, is either stupid or crazy to say that shit with a straight face. This guy was eligible for social security before rap music was even invented. He's so the guy who gets caught cheating, mid sex act and then says, 'It was an accident!' This man needs to own his bigotry. It's not like we're gonna be all shocked. To him I may be a nigger, but I'm not a stupid nigger. And he's an old privileged bigoted lying bastard. Yeah, I said it! I own my words.

Article

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home